These cone puppets are pretty simple to make.
1. Ball up a plastic bag and use a layer of masking tape to maintain the shape/form.
2. Attach cylinder for a neck and then securely tape a dowel to the neck.
3. Apply layers of newspaper to head/neck using papier mache paste. ( 2 parts elmer's glue and 1 part water)
4. Make cone with cardstock paper and if necessary, strengthen cone with layers of newspaper and papier mache paste.
5. The fun part is creating the personality for these guys by painting the face & creating the costume. The costume is relatively easy since its only cone shaped clothing glued to the neck on one end, and the open side of the cone on the other end.
We used a glue gun here and I didn't even have to bust out the sewing machine.